Schools and the church Buddy Schumacher attended, as well as houses in which he lived, with the addresses as they were when he lived there and the current addresses. Wauwatosa changed its house numbering and street naming systems in 1932.
The corner of 74th and State streets in Wauwatosa, formerly Alice and State streets, and before that, Alice and Watertown Plank Road. Buddy Schumacher’s grandfather, John Armstrong, operated a horse shoeing business at this corner in the early part of the 20th century, and lived in a house at 191 Alice Street (now 74th Street), one property north of his business. Buddy and his family lived in the house in 1925. The lot where the house was is now a parking lot.
2140 N. 71st Street, Wauwatosa. The Schumacher family lived here in the early 1920s, when the address was 506 Fifth Ave.
2155 N. 65th St., Wauwatosa. The Schumacher family lived here in the early 1920s, when the address was 515 11th Ave.
Buddy attended Lincoln Elementary School for kindergarten, first and third grades. The school was built in 1919 and stands at the corner of Milwaukee and Wauwatosa avenues.
The Schumachers attended Mount Olive Lutheran Church on Martha Washington Blvd., on the far west side of Milwaukee. Both Buddy and his sister, Jeanette, attended Sunday school here. This building was constructed just a few years before Buddy died.
Buddy Schumacher attended Washington Elementary School for second grade. His sister, meanwhile, remained at Lincoln School during this school year.
This is the site of the house that Buddy Schumacher lived in when he disappeared in 1925. The home at 191 Alice St. (now 74th Street just north of State) was torn down and the lot is now part of a parking lot.
Stairs heading up the hill from 74th Street and Blanchard Avenue to Alice Street, with the pump house to the right. In the 1920s, Alice Street continued down this hill and continued south on what is no 74th Street to State Street. Alics Street was named for Buddy Schumacher’s grandmother, Alice Hundhausen Armstrong.